[OmniOS-discuss] Bloody // mailwrapper & mta mediator

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Mar 9 21:53:51 UTC 2015

> On Mar 9, 2015, at 5:48 PM, Paul B. Henson <henson at acm.org> wrote:
>
> So obviously mailwrapper would be installed, but what would happen with
> sendmail? It would be installed as well, but could be removed? I'm not sure
> exactly what IPS does with optional requirements.

I'm actually not sure either about the installation, but the weakened requirement should allow for removal, which was, I believe, the big problem.

>  Currently we drop in our
> own symlinks for /usr/lib/sendmail et al pointing to our installed postfix,
> after the update, instead we would need to integrate the paths to our
> postfix stuff into the mailwrapper configuration instead?

The mailwrapper manifest uses mediators to do the right thing.

I'm building what I hope will be this week's bloody as I'm typing this.  You can try it then (I'm not updating install media with this bump, however, so you'll have to "pkg update" to it).