[OmniOS-discuss] smtp-notify dependency on sendmail

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Tue Mar 10 15:36:54 UTC 2015

> On Mar 10, 2015, at 10:51 AM, Schweiss, Chip <chip at innovates.com> wrote:
>
> svccfg -s system/fm/smtp-notify:default setprop "startup_req/entities" = fmri: \"svc:/milestone/multi-user:default svc:/system/fmd:default\"

First off, the :default is for an *instance*.  You want to lose that, as the startup_req/entities is for the whole service.

Second off, I don't know how to glom two FMRIs in one command line.

Here's my proposed, two command, solution:

svccfg -s system/fm/smtp-notify setprop startup_req/entities = fmri: svc:/milestone/multi-user:default
svccfg -s system/fm/smtp-notify addpropvalue startup_req/entities fmri: svc:/system/fmd:default

I got this to work on one of my VMs I use for bloody.  Please confirm/deny this works for you?

Hope this helps,