[OmniOS-discuss] rsync & MacOS

Olaf Marzocchi lists at marzocchi.net
Wed Mar 11 19:38:16 UTC 2015

Hi Dan,
I can give you some links, as in the past I was using rsync to backup OSX data.
https://static.afp548.com/mactips/rsync.html <https://static.afp548.com/mactips/rsync.html> (some old hints about how to compile rsync)
http://www.n8gray.org/code/backup-bouncer/ <http://www.n8gray.org/code/backup-bouncer/> (a script to verify correct backups of OSX data using rsync)

In any case, I think that if you compile rsync by adding the obviously named patches provided with rsync itself, you should be fine. It’s also true that recent OSXs almost don’t use resource forks, if you backup xattrs it should be enough.

Olaf