[OmniOS-discuss] rsync & MacOS

Olaf Marzocchi lists at marzocchi.net
Thu Mar 12 09:37:09 UTC 2015

If I remember correctly, in the past the rsync provided in CCC contained patches not available in the main tree and it was the only way to get proper backups.
Nowadays the official rsync already has everything you need to backup OS X metadata and CCC is only a nice GUI.
However, I think not every patch from Mr. Bombich has been submitted, some minor differences may still be there.
A test is recommended.

Olaf