[OmniOS-discuss] OpenSSL now updated!

Ben Summers ben at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Mar 20 11:08:49 UTC 2015

> On 20 Mar 2015, at 10:30, Jim Klimov <jimklimov at cos.ru> wrote:
>
> 19 марта 2015 г. 16:18:13 CET, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> пишет:
>> If you're runninng 006, 010, or 012 --> OpenSSL is now 1.0.1m.
>>
>> If you're running bloody --> OpenSSL is now 1.0.2a.  (NOTE: 1.0.2 is
>> affected more, so upgrade this quickly!)
>>
>> All of the repos have been updated.  Since this is openssl, you will
>> strictly speaking not need to reboot, but if you do not reboot, you
>> WILL need to restart services that link to openssl.
>>

> Is there a way for IPS services to be restarted automatically when their dependency libraries change?
>
> I have a few ideas about how this wheel might be (re-)invented and bolted on, but perhaps there already is a generic solution in the packaging system? ;)

I suppose a hacky script could get a list of all the libraries and executables changed in the last update, use pfiles on all processes in all zones to files which ones have those libraries open, then use svcs -p to determine which services those processes are running under, and then restart them.

Or you could just reboot. You've probably got bigger problems if you can't reboot your server.

Ben

--
http://bens.me.uk