[OmniOS-discuss] iSCSI traffic suddenly comes to a halt and then resumes

mir at miras.org mir at miras.org
Tue May 5 09:21:11 UTC 2015

On 2015-05-05 09:46, Matej Zerovnik wrote:

> We still kept our SATA hard drives in Supermicro JBOD with SAS
> expander and SATA drives.

Your problem boils down to using SATA disks in a SAS expander. Search
omnios user list and you will find numerous proofs that using SATA disks
in a SAS expander causes weird behaviors and instability.

The fact is that SATA disks is unsupported in a SAS expander due to
incompatibility between command sets in SAS and SATA. As an example SATA
NCQ is not passed through the SAS expander which might could be the
cause of your strange iSCSI disconnects experienced on the client side.

----

This mail was virus scanned and spam checked before delivery.
This mail is also DKIM signed. See header dkim-signature.