[OmniOS-discuss] r151012 is coming...

Dave Pooser dave-oo at pooserville.com
Sat May 9 17:38:25 UTC 2015

On 9/2/14, 1:22 PM, "Dan McDonald" <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:

>This includes HW goodies like LSI 3008-based 12G SAS (albeit not at
>optimal performance yet)

How sub-optimal is the LSI 3008-based support currently (as in 014)? Are
we talking "faster than 6G SAS but not as fast as it should be" or "same
speed as 6G SAS" or something else? The application would be a storage
server running 24-36 hard drives as multiple RAIDz2 devices, used mostly
for archiving large video files, so ridiculous performance isn't necessary
-- mostly I'm looking at SuperMicro boards that already have the 3008
inside and want to know if I need to consider adding a better-supported
HBA instead.
--
Dave Pooser
Cat-Herder-in-Chief, Pooserville.com