[OmniOS-discuss] Updating r151006 to r151014

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Wed May 20 07:53:32 UTC 2015

> | Which publisher provides smartmontools?  If its ms.omniti.com,
> it'll be | up to our internal staff to update that package.
> Remember that | ms.omniti.com is not supported, it is a convenience
> offering of the | tools our ops people use internally.
>
> Yes it was ms.omniti.com. I fully understand that they are not
> supported.  Thanks for providing it for 006. While I would have
> liked to have had it available for 014 and save me some time, I can
> roll my own.

I am using smartmontools from ms.o.c under 151014 with no problems.
The package version is:

pkg://ms.omniti.com/omniti/system/storage/smartmontools@6.0-0.151004:20130113T222019Z

However, I installed it when the box was at 151010.  I since upgraded
to 151012 and then 151014.  Maybe you can reinstall smartmontools using
some IPS trickery?  Have you tried?

Having said that, I do know that some of the pkgs on ms.o.c have
dependency problems.  Like you said I am thankful that there is a lot
of usable stuff there so I am not complaining. :-)

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"