[OmniOS-discuss] HP Proliant Gen9

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Fri May 22 17:57:14 UTC 2015

Keeping this on the list so people know.

> On May 22, 2015, at 1:52 PM, Josh Barton <Josh.Barton at usurf.usu.edu> wrote:
>
> Legacy Boot is just BIOS.

So make sure you use that.

> I am using: HP Smart Array P440ar Controller

	• vendor: 103c ("Hewlett-Packard Company"), device: 3239 ("Smart Array Gen9 Controllers"), subvendor: 103c, subdevice: 21c0 ("P440ar")

That entry isn't in /etc/driver_aliases for OmniOS.  It is *possible* that the cpqary3 driver will work on this, but we would need to test it.

Can you get to the shell from the r151014 install media?  I can't remember if "lspci" is there, but if it isn't, "prtconf -d" output might be useful to share.