[OmniOS-discuss] Kayak post illumos 5896-5897

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Fri May 22 21:05:07 UTC 2015

A recent illumos bugfix broke the Kayak build (only on bloody for now).  Kayak assumes that svccfg in an alternate root only requires a background svc.configd.  It ALSO requires a background svc.startd.

I discussed this with the author of 5896-7, and he recommended that Kayak use the "-native" versions of svccfg in illumos-{gate,omnios}, because that's how the ON build populates SMF repositories as well.  The following webrev:

	http://kebe.com/~danmcd/webrevs/kayak-svccfg/

illustrates the changes.  I don't know how many people use kayak to BUILD images, but if you do, you should please take a look at this before the next stable release comes out.

Thanks,