[OmniOS-discuss] Proliant gen9

Nate Smith nsmith at careyweb.com
Tue May 26 19:05:09 UTC 2015

Sorry. I missed the P440ar the first time I read through the thread.

https://www.illumos.org/issues/5390

Details this issue. It doesn’t look like the patch to get this driver supported has been tested or upstreamed. (someone else will have to answer).

Have you tried switching to HBA mode as detailed below?

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c03909334

I know that HP lists it as supporting Solaris 11, but that doesn’t mean it’s OmniOS compatible

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=7274897&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4167

This thread may be of some help. It looks like, at least for now, you have some bleeding edge hardware with unknown omnios support.

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/hp-gen9-server-w-p840-hba-mode-no-drives-visible.28620/

You might have to get another compatible storage controller, or pay some support bucks to get it tested/integrated.

The supported storage controllers for the HP Gen 9s are here.

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2014/ComputeEra/HP_SmartStorage_ProLiantGen9_DataSheet.pdf

The P441 and P840 might have better luck, but I’m not sure. Ideally, you can run with a storage controller listed in the HCL

http://illumos.org/hcl

Hope this helps.

-Nate