[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS in Vagrant Catalog broken

Philip Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 19:06:04 UTC 2015

The top listed OmniOS Vagrant box, omniti/omnios-r151014, is broken in
several ways. There's no indication of who created it so I assume that it
didn't come from OmniTi, but I'm posting this so that others can avoid the
frustration of trying to get it to work. (Problems include, no guest
additions and public bridged networking not configuring correctly.)

I didn't try the version mirrored from OmniTI by Phil Ross as I eventually
figured out how to get the direct download version to work. (Vagrant's
built-in help could be a little clearer on how "--name" works.) Thanks to
OmniTI for providing this.

Phil