[OmniOS-discuss] New metapackage --> illumos-tools

Philip Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 19:28:07 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 7:45 PM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:

> IF you want to build illumos-omnos or illumos-gate on an OmniOS r151014 or
> later installation, you can do so now simply by uttering:
>
>         pkg install developer/illumos-tools

Sorry I didn't have something like this sooner.  I've also updated the How
> to Build illumos page on the illumos wiki.
>
> Happy installing!
> Dan

I set up a Vagrant box using the box provided by OmniTi and followed the
directions at the wiki and ran into the problem of the compiler and dmake
not being found. I've attached the log files and here are my diffs to
illumos.sh. The OmniOS Mods and build without Sun Studio are cut and pasted
from the wiki.

vagrant at omnios-vagrant:/export/home/vagrant/code/illumos-gate$ echo $PATH
/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/gnu/bin:/opt/omni/bin:/opt/gcc-4.4.4/bin:/opt/sunstudio12.1/bin

vagrant at omnios-vagrant:/export/home/vagrant/code/illumos-gate$ diff
illumos.sh*
110c110,111
< export MAILTO="$STAFFER"
---