[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS r151016: perl build broken?

Lauri Tirkkonen lotheac at iki.fi
Wed Nov 4 12:30:45 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 04 2015 13:05:39 +0100, Dominik Hassler wrote:
> after upgrading to r16 I found that znapzend (pure perl program) got stuck in maintenance mode. The service status log file revealed the following:
> "EINPROGRESS" is not exported by the Errno module
>
> Checking the Errno.pm (core perl module) I found that the %err hash as well as the %EXPORT_TAGS hash are empty:
> BEGIN {
>     %err = (
>     );
> }

> our %EXPORT_TAGS = (
>     POSIX => [qw(
>     )]
> );
>
> The Errno.pm build depends on the errno.h header file
> (/usr/include/errno.h) which I found to be present on some of my
> OmniOS r16 boxes but not on all of them.

This issue is gcc5 related (there was one just like it in zsh,
actually). Upstream perl fix:
https://github.com/Perl/perl5/commit/816b056ffb99ae54642320e20dc30a59fd1effef

> As a temporary fix I copied the hashes from another Errno.pm on a non r16 system.
>
> znapzend users be warned that upgrading to OmniOS r16 will currently stop znapzend from working.

Only if using the system perl for znapzend, my znapzend from
pkg.niksula.hut.fi works fine on 151016 ;)

--
Lauri Tirkkonen | lotheac @ IRCnet