[OmniOS-discuss] Bloody // mailwrapper & mta mediator

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Thu Nov 5 20:29:27 UTC 2015

Out of curiosity, as long as you are installing a replacement MTA, why stick
with Sendmail instead of one of the other more modern alternatives?

> Other than a desire for a minimal system

The desire for a minimal system doesn't get enough credit in this day and
age of people just clicking the "go" button and not caring about what's
happening under the hood <sigh>... It doesn't help that some commercial
vendors demand that you install the default "everything and three kitchen
sinks" OS option in order to support you. I remember arguing for weeks with
Oracle support trying to get them to justify why the "xscreensaver" package
was a hard dependency of the Oracle database server under Red Hat 5 8-/.