[OmniOS-discuss] Bloody // mailwrapper & mta mediator

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Thu Nov 5 22:26:10 UTC 2015

On Thu, 5 Nov 2015, Paul B. Henson wrote:

> [...]

Many of us have working Sendmail configurations and are not interested
in taking the risk of breaking things to convert to a different MTA.
At least not right away.

Sendmail is very reliable, is very efficient, and (to my knowledge)
has not had a serious security issue since the early '90s.  It is also
not very large and definitely does not qualify as "kitchen sink".

OmniOS + sendmail is a good solution for those moving from Solaris
10 + sendmail.

If someone is starting from scratch, sendmail is likely not the best
MTA to start with.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn