[OmniOS-discuss] Can't get OmniOS to see LSI 1068e on SuperMicro X8DTL-3F

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Sun Nov 15 20:13:54 UTC 2015

I’ve got a X8DTL-3F that I’m attempting to install OmniOS onto.

The installer wouldn’t see the 4x SAS disks connected to the onboard LSI 1068e. prtconf -d showed that the driver wasn’t getting attached to the card.

I flashed the controller with the IT firmware to see if that would help (and as I wanted to do that anyway).

This has led to the following situation:

1) It still shows the LSI card as (driver not attached)
2) The BIOS no longer sees the disks on the 1068e as bootable

This is really super frustrating. :(

How do I get these drives seen by OmniOS? (and bootable!)

Additionally (while I have your attention) there are a pair of NVMe drives in PCIe adapters that are also showing up as (driver not attached) that I would really like to get working as those are to be my SLOG devices. Samsung SM951 if it matters.

-brian