[OmniOS-discuss] Apache for OmniOS r151016?

Thomas Wagner tom-omnios-discuss at tom.bn-ulm.de
Fri Nov 20 16:05:22 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 09:38:43AM -0600, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
>  On Fri, 20 Nov 2015, Thomas Wagner wrote:
> >>
> >>  The various SFE package collections I see targeting OmniOS are small.
> >
> > Yes, that small number of packages or OmniOS can be extended to e.g.
> > build up a webstack which works across the various supported OS
> > distributions. That way, I personally hope to share the efforts
> > across the OS (S11, OI, OI-Hipster, OmniOS).
> > And sharing work across the OS is one of the main goals in SFE.
>
>  The omniti-ms repository is the only IPS repository I have found with apache
>  in it.  SFE on SourceForge does not appear to have any spec files for
>  apache.  I assume that this is because SFE has primarily targeted Oracle
>  Solaris and OpenIndiana, which already come with apache.

The spec file for apache in the SVN is dated now, there was just no
demand for updating.

If there is enough interest in a webstack, then I believe there
will be some maintainers for the spec files.
So thank you for your examples and giving an idea for a lightwight
setup.

Your thoughts about large dependency chains, I think we could
try "optional" dependencies. So you install apache and only
install those optional packages like e.g.  openldap client
or php which are needed.

Regards,
Thomas