[OmniOS-discuss] changing sector size for pool

Doug Hughes doug at will.to
Sat Nov 21 04:44:58 UTC 2015

When this pool was setup, it was with a different controller that didn't
support > 2TB / disk. When the controller was replaced, the pool is
still set for ashift=9, but if I try to replace a disk in it with
another disk of exactly the same model I get the annoying error:

root at x4275-3-15-22:/root# zpool replace zpool1 c0t5000CCA22BC8F4C2d0
c0t5000CCA3DE1719Fd0
cannot replace c0t5000CCA22BC8F4C2d0 with c0t5000CCA23DE1719Fd0: devices
have different sector alignment

I know there's a -o ashift=9 option for Linux. Is there some sort of
equivalent action that I can take, perhaps upgrading the existing zpool
without having to recreate it?

Thanks