[OmniOS-discuss] ISC-DHCPD in a zone

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sat Oct 10 05:33:29 UTC 2015

10 октября 2015 г. 1:40:39 CEST, Michael Mounteney <gate03 at landcroft.co.uk> пишет:
>I'm sure this has been done before but I can't find anything in my
>archive of this list.  In a zone, isc-dhcpd is failing on start because
>it can't obtain the details of an interface.
>
>Zone# ifconfig -a
>lo0:2: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu
>8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000
>e1000g1:2: flags=1100843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,ROUTER,IPv4>
>mtu 1500 index 2 inet 192.168.1.2 netmask ffffff00 broadcast
>192.168.1.255 lo0:2:
>flags=2002000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv6,VIRTUAL> mtu 8252
>index 1 inet6 ::1/128
>
>According to various sources, one can specify interfaces on the command
>line to restrict dhcpd:
>
>/usr/sbin/dhcpd -cf /etc/dhcpd.conf -lf /var/db/dhcpd.leases -p 67 -s
>192.168.1.2 e1000g1
>binding to user-specified port 67
>Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server 4.3.1
>Copyright 2004-2014 Internet Systems Consortium.
>All rights reserved.
>For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/
>Config file: /etc/dhcpd.conf
>Database file: /var/db/dhcpd.leases
>PID file: /var/run/dhcpd.pid
>irs_resconf_load failed: 59.
>Unable to set resolver from resolv.conf; startup continuing but DDNS
>support may be affected
>Wrote 0 deleted host decls to leases file.
>Wrote 0 new dynamic host decls to leases file.
>Wrote 0 leases to leases file.
>Error getting interface flags for 'lo0:2'; No such device or address
>Error getting interface information.
>
>If you think you have received this message due to a bug rather
>than a configuration issue please read the section on submitting
>bugs on either our web page at www.isc.org or in the README file
>before submitting a bug.  These pages explain the proper
>process and the information we find helpful for debugging..
>
>exiting.
>
>Specifying e1000g1:2 makes no difference.
>
>Obviously normally isc-dhcpd is run via a service, but the above
>command is what is eventually execed and it fails with the above
>message in the log.
>
>Really I don't care about that lo0:2 interface.  Is it the unconfigured
>ipv6 ?  If I could get rid of that, it would solve my problem.
>
>Any help ?  Either restrict isc-dhcpd or eliminate the interface.

With the alias interfaces in play - do you use a shared-ip zone? That may be the limit; try switching to exclusive-ip with dedicated vnic(s).

Also see if any zone or process rbac privileges seem suitable additions to the service (especially if it works from shell and fails from SMF even as root): things like promiscuity or not-owned file access are dropped by default.

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android