[OmniOS-discuss] ISC-DHCPD in a zone

Michael Mounteney gate03 at landcroft.co.uk
Sat Oct 10 08:50:36 UTC 2015

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 07:33:29 +0200
Jim Klimov <jimklimov at cos.ru> wrote:

> With the alias interfaces in play - do you use a shared-ip zone? That
> may be the limit; try switching to exclusive-ip with dedicated
> vnic(s).

That would explain why my setup notes (this is a fresh installation)
have DHCP in its own zone and all other services (IMAP, version control
repositories, TFTP, rsync server etc.) in another.

It's not the answer for which I was hoping.  It would be neater to have
all services together in one zone and not have to run a second zone,
just for one service.  Is there another way?  Anything else I can try?

> Also see if any zone or process rbac privileges seem suitable
> additions to the service (especially if it works from shell and fails
> from SMF even as root): things like promiscuity or not-owned file
> access are dropped by default.

It's the same both from the command line and via a service.

Thanks for your reply.