[OmniOS-discuss] HP Proliant Gen9 server

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Fri Oct 16 01:59:00 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 07:25:18AM -0400, Dan McDonald wrote:

> There have been updates to cpqary3 for more modern HP Proliant HW.  If
> you know the PCI IDs, that'd be MOST helpful.  I suspect the answer is
> "yes", but I don't have the requisite experience.

We've got some gen9 gear running linux, the H240 card shows up as:

0a:00.0 RAID bus controller [0104]: Hewlett-Packard Company Smart Array
Gen9 Controllers [103c:3239] (rev 01)

I believe 103c:3239 is the PCI ID for the card. I can provide any other
hardware details on request (we've got a handful of DL160 units and a
DL360 unit), but unfortunately at this time don't have a box I could
actually boot omnios on.

We're actually planning on buying some HP gear for basic zfs cifs/nfs
storage, but ideally will get it with just a SAS HBA rather than the HP
raid card. I know HP partners with Nexenta, so if you can find the right
sales rep they should be able to spec out illumos friendly gear.