[OmniOS-discuss] HP Proliant Gen9 server

Trey Palmer trey at mailchimp.com
Tue Oct 20 13:22:24 UTC 2015

The expectation by HP is to use a SAS expander card if you're using the HP
RAID hardware.

I was thinking of the specific case of running ZFS on SATA SSD's hooked up
to mpt_sas HBA's.   For SATA drives on Illumos, SAS expanders should be
avoided.   Not a bad idea on any platform, but imperative on Illumos.

     -- Trey