[OmniOS-discuss] r151014's catalog.shtml update

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Tue Aug 2 20:10:48 UTC 2016

> On Aug 2, 2016, at 4:08 PM, Peter Tribble <peter.tribble at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dan,
>
> On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 9:04 PM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:
> I've rebuilt the r151014 repo on our internal servers.  Can folks please confirm/deny the improved catalog.shtml performance?
>
> Looks pretty decent to me.

Thank you.

The sheer NUMBER of packages (old and new) on the r151014 repo I think tickled some godawful performance problem in pkg(5)'s pkg.depotd.  In lieu of diving deeply into pkg(5) at the moment, I chose to reconstruct r151014's repo with just the "-m latest" packages.  I mention this detail, in case something else happens.  This way, people know what was done.

Thanks,