[OmniOS-discuss] r151014's catalog.shtml update

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Aug 3 14:21:46 UTC 2016

> On Aug 3, 2016, at 9:31 AM, Peter Tribble <peter.tribble at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks! OK, so our pkg operations now work, and I can install zones again.

Which older package versions are you concerned with?  Much of the bulk of the ones in r151014 are from whole-ON updates (usually when the world needs to spin for a kernel update).

> I've mirrored the repo, so that we have some sort of fallback. So I'm
> seeing catalog retrieval times there of 50-60s, and while depotd is burning
> CPU in that time I can't actually see it doing anything other than spinning.

I'm trying to debug it now.  Basically, the r151014 repo has 8k packages (many old) and something about our pkg.depotd breaks down when it gets that high. (It's CPU-dependent for sure.)