[OmniOS-discuss] Panic in vmware fusion

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 19:37:27 UTC 2016

So I was testing updates of an older release (d0a4f2e) running in
vmware fusion. I uttered 'pkg update' and just before where it tells
me that the clone has been updated and activated, the system sort
of panics:

Warning: stack in the dump buffer may be incomplete
fffffffffbc3b380 unix:_patch_xrstorq_rbx+196 ()
Warning: stack in the dump buffer may be incomplete
fffffffffbc3b380 unix:cmntrap+c3 ()
Warning: stack in the dump buffer may be incomplete
fffffffffbc3b380 unix:die+47 ()
Warning: stack in the dump buffer may be incomplete
fffffffffbc3b380 unix:trap+ca5 ()

By 'sort of' I mean that it's just stuck in a loop printing the above
indefinitely. It doesn't actually seem to actually die.

Having reset it, I booted into the original BE (the new BE had
been made active but wasn't bootable), deleted the errant BE
and it worked successfully next time.

I'm hoping this was just something stupid from fusion, rather than
something that's likely to hit people in practice, but I thought I
would mention it in case ayone else has seen this sort of
behaviour.

--
-Peter Tribble