[OmniOS-discuss] Boot OmniOS problem

Даниил Ландау daniil.landau at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 19:53:28 UTC 2016

I have a small server with current LTS release. A couple of days ago I made "pkg update» and then rebooted.
After the reboot the server can’t boot OmniOS. Just after the GRUB it displays the following error:

krtld: failed to open: ‘<two_symbols>’
krtld: bind_primary(): no relocation information found for module <two_symbols>
krtld: error during initial load/link phase

krtld could neither locate nor resolve symbols for:
        <two_symbols>
in the boot archive. Please verify that this file
matches what is found in the boot archive.
You may need to boot using the Solaris failsafe to fix this.
Unable to boot
Press any key to reboot.

The same error I got trying to boot from alternate (old) boot environments.
I booted from install USB flash and made zpool scrub. It found and recovered about 600KB of wrong data.
I also updated boot_archive on the latest BE and reinstalled GRUB loader on both disks of my mirrored rpool.
The problem still exists on all BEs. Could you please recommend additional actions to restore the server?

Thank you!

Daniil