[OmniOS-discuss] Auditing CIFS shares

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 18:30:58 UTC 2016

Auditing support for SMB/CIFS access is incomplete.  The ZFS ACL
support for Auditing entries appears to be complete, but we're missing
the "hooks" that should be in the access control code paths (both
success and failure cases), and some "plumbing" to get the audit
events into the audit log in some useful form.

If anyone would like to work on this project, please reach out to me directly.

Thanks,
Gordon