[OmniOS-discuss] Auditing CIFS shares

Lawrence Giam paladinemishakal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 10:33:05 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I am wondering if any of you folks does auditing of CIFS shares (eg. adding
files, deleting files, moving files by domain users) running on OmniOS
server serving SMB to Windows users in a domain environment?

On a windows fileserver running Windows OS, this can be achieved by using
this method
https://mizitechinfo.wordpress.com/2014/07/01/folder-auditing-in-windows-server-2012-r2/

Can anyone tell me know how do they do it on Openillumos? What software do
they use and how they implement it?

I am looking at open source solution but if that is not possible then I am
willing to explore "paid" solution. Any recommendation?

Thanks & Regards.