[OmniOS-discuss] BIND DNS server on r151014

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Mon Aug 8 17:45:04 UTC 2016

On Mon, 8 Aug 2016, Andries Annema wrote:

> Ow, wow. I didn’t think that would have worked, because that particular repo is flagged as “deprecated” and the packages in it are for r151012 while my box runs r151014. This made me expect it to fail, so I hadn’t even tried.

BIND often has security notices and is security sensitive, so it is
important to be able to update it and the easiest way to assure this
is to build from master sources.  Based in part on the work of others,
I have a BIND build based on the 'omnios-build' mechanism which
installs nicely (albeit with files redundant with some OmniOS files)
and is started using SMF.  I will try to get my build files into a
public place where they can be used by others.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn