[OmniOS-discuss] BIND DNS server on r151014

Andries Annema an3s.annema at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 17:32:27 UTC 2016

Ow, wow. I didn’t think that would have worked, because that particular repo is flagged as “deprecated” and the packages in it are for r151012 while my box runs r151014. This made me expect it to fail, so I hadn’t even tried.

Your reply triggered me to try anyways and guess what? Bull’s-eye.

Thanks! :-)

Regards,

Andries

PS: even though this solves the problem for now, wouldn’t we want the BIND DNS server packages on the ms.omniti.com repo to be complemented with a working smf configuration anyway?

Now it tastes to me like a cake without the topping – it s*cks. :-)