[OmniOS-discuss] LX for OmniOS update

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Fri Aug 12 18:06:41 UTC 2016

On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 17:32:02 +0200
Jim Klimov <jimklimov at cos.ru> wrote:

> Michael, thanks for posting the script. There was a typo to fix (un-tarring goes into ZONEPATH not ZONEPATH_DS, and a 'gtar' worked better for my tarball).

Where in the code below do you see a ZONEPATH which should be replaced
with ZONEPATH_DS?

elif [[ $type == "tgz" ]]; then
    mkdir $ZONEPATH_DS/root
    chmod 755 $ZONEPATH_DS/root
    tar -xzf $TAR_SEED -C $ZONEPATH_DS/root
    RESULT=$?
    MSG="TAR command failed"

> The systemd startup reported failures of mounting /tmp (not permitted). Kernel device manager (udevd) also failed (maybe because it can't create /dev/xconsole fifo - 'not implemented'). And Load/Save random seed (/dev/urandom - permission denied). Also says something about 'Failed to attach new connection bus to event loop: Operation not permitted' many times.
>
> Network automatic setup failed, but subsequent manual ifconfig was ok (I can curl to a server in this LAN segment).
>
> Logging does not work (no dmesg, no journalctl for failed services, although there are some lines in common `journalctl -l`).
>
> A mysql (mariadb) server has started and initialized its database ;) Its consumers, even scripted ones (a schema uploader/verifier), did not. Many units report that they failed to run their 'start' tasks with 'Operation not permitted' (maybe passed up from bus-connection attempts).
>
> Requesting `systemctl status` or `systemctl restart` of services fails (Connection reset by peer). Not sure what it connects to - in our project OS image there is no D-Bus, so in true Linux a simple user can not use systemd tools, but for a root (or via sudo) there were no issues using it.
>
> Login works both on system console (from zlogin -C) and from GZ (simply zlogin). `poweroff` from inside guest zone sends a message that it will go down, and does nothing. `zoneadm halt` from GZ works.
>
> Setting kernel version in zone attrs to '3.18.0' did not seem to break nor fix anything, but the value is seen in `uname -a`.

I see no of the above errors using my tarballs which is of no surprise
since my tarballs does not use systemd;-)

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
	A new chef from India was fired a week after starting the job.
He kept favoring curry.