[OmniOS-discuss] LX for OmniOS update

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sat Aug 13 12:00:22 UTC 2016

12 августа 2016 г. 20:06:41 CEST, Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> пишет:
>On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 17:32:02 +0200
>Jim Klimov <jimklimov at cos.ru> wrote:
>

>> Michael, thanks for posting the script. There was a typo to fix
>(un-tarring goes into ZONEPATH not ZONEPATH_DS, and a 'gtar' worked
>better for my tarball).
>>
>Where in the code below do you see a ZONEPATH which should be replaced
>with ZONEPATH_DS?
>
>elif [[ $type == "tgz" ]]; then
>    mkdir $ZONEPATH_DS/root
>    chmod 755 $ZONEPATH_DS/root
>    tar -xzf $TAR_SEED -C $ZONEPATH_DS/root
>    RESULT=$?
>    MSG="TAR command failed"
>

>> The systemd startup reported failures of mounting /tmp (not
>permitted). Kernel device manager (udevd) also failed (maybe because it
>can't create /dev/xconsole fifo - 'not implemented'). And Load/Save
>random seed (/dev/urandom - permission denied). Also says something
>about 'Failed to attach new connection bus to event loop: Operation not
>permitted' many times.
>>
>> Network automatic setup failed, but subsequent manual ifconfig was ok
>(I can curl to a server in this LAN segment).
>>
>> Logging does not work (no dmesg, no journalctl for failed services,
>although there are some lines in common `journalctl -l`).
>>
>> A mysql (mariadb) server has started and initialized its database ;)
>Its consumers, even scripted ones (a schema uploader/verifier), did
>not. Many units report that they failed to run their 'start' tasks with
>'Operation not permitted' (maybe passed up from bus-connection
>attempts).
>>
>> Requesting `systemctl status` or `systemctl restart` of services
>fails (Connection reset by peer). Not sure what it connects to - in our
>project OS image there is no D-Bus, so in true Linux a simple user can
>not use systemd tools, but for a root (or via sudo) there were no
>issues using it.
>>
>> Login works both on system console (from zlogin -C) and from GZ
>(simply zlogin). `poweroff` from inside guest zone sends a message that
>it will go down, and does nothing. `zoneadm halt` from GZ works.
>>
>> Setting kernel version in zone attrs to '3.18.0' did not seem to
>break nor fix anything, but the value is seen in `uname -a`.
>>
>I see no of the above errors using my tarballs which is of no surprise
>since my tarballs does not use systemd;-)

Michael, here it is about the opposite: you untar into a '/root/' under ZONEPATH (mountpoint directory), not into ZONEPATH_DS which is the dataset target for zfs receive.

It might have worked for you by coincidence if the zones were on another pool mounted into the root directory by its name, say a 'zones' pool imported+mounted into /zones directory.

Thanks for the script though :-)

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android