[OmniOS-discuss] Using Docker tarballs for LX zone installations?

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Tue Aug 23 13:20:39 UTC 2016

Turns out some userlands very much depend on the Linux kernel being at a certain version.  I had problems bringing up the systemd kool-aid drinkers (eg Ubuntu 16) until I realized this.  The Joyent images' metadata AND the input to their vmadm(1M) command require you set the kernel to a certain version for a given image.

I mention this in the README of the io-LX workspace. When I push these bits into illumos-omnios, this documentation will probably go in the LX man page and the LX brand source directory.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone (typos, autocorrect, and all)