[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS 014 EC2 AMI

Jan Schaumann jschauma at netmeister.org
Sat Feb 6 18:25:05 UTC 2016

Marissa Murphy <mmurphyatomniti.com> wrote:

> Just wanted to mention that two new OmniOS r151014 EC2 AMIs have been made
> public. They are:
>
> ami-9fbbfaf5 - OmniOS r151014 LTS running SunSSH (November 12th release)
> ami-15bffe7f - OmniOS r151014 LTS running OpenSSH (November 12th release)

Would it be possible to have these images print out their ssh hostkey
fingerprint to the console?

Right now, I don't see a way to verify the fingerprint presented to me
by such an instance, requiring TOFU.  EC2 instances of some other OS
helpfully include the ssh host key fingerprint in their console output,
so you can 'aws ec2 get-console-output' and verify the host key
fingerprint.

-Jan