[OmniOS-discuss] How do I start apache when installed from ms.omniti.com repo

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Wed Jul 6 07:38:26 UTC 2016

> I can see there is a pkg omniti/server/apache22/
> mod_log_rotate at 2-0.151014:20150611T161005Z

Yes, that is what you need.

> Is there a way to install all the dependent packages?

The dependent packages that are marked as such in the apache22 package
are installed automatically.  For some reason, the OmniOS people have
decided that mod_log_rotate is optional and there is no dependency.

Fortunately, this is the only such package you need to install. :-)

As others have pointed out, the packages are "unsupported".  To me, that
means they have exactly the same support as anything I'd compile myself:
If something doesn't work, I'll have to fix it.

We have found that the apache22 package from the ms.omniti.com repo is
"good enough" for our in-house use.  So we happily use it.  Your needs
might differ...

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"