[OmniOS-discuss] Only grub after boot

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Jun 8 18:07:53 UTC 2016

> On Jun 8, 2016, at 1:50 PM, Josh Barton <Josh.Barton at usurf.usu.edu> wrote:
>
> I replaced the OS drive with a 1TB HGST drive we had on hand and re-installed and Omni booted no problem. It seems as though there is an issue with the Seagate ST2000NX0243 (2TB) drives, can anyone corroborate this or recommend a good method for running disk diagnostics / verifying OmniOS compatibility?

Did you boot that 1TB drive off the HBA?  Or off one of the UHCI SATA ports?  I'm assuming off the HBA (so as all other things were kept equal).

If that's the case, I'm curious as to the "ashift" values of your drives:

	zdb -C <poolname>

will give you configuration information about various pools.

I've not heard of people having problems booting with ashift=12 (4k sector), but maybe I'm wrong?