[OmniOS-discuss] Only grub after boot

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Thu Jun 9 02:38:25 UTC 2016

You could also see if anybody has a sff8087 breakout cable laying around so
you could hook up the SATA port to the hotswap backplane :).

Did you try installing a linux distribution to see if you could get its grub
to boot off of the 2TB drive via the SAS HBA? If that works, it would rule
out the hard drive itself as being faulty.