[OmniOS-discuss] Python and Kerberos libraries

Gordon Selisek gordon at hafnia.dk
Fri Jun 10 11:06:56 UTC 2016

Paul,

I'd have to say you are right, I might be able to tweak the script without too much effort, but what is laying ahead?

I really have an affinity for illumos, I would be sad to drop it for this particular project, and go with centos, which would take me to the finish line quicker.

Anyway, thank you all for your qualified inputs.

Cordial regards

Gordon

---- On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 03:44:58 +0200 Paul B. Henson <henson at acm.org>wrote ----

True; but with no offense intended to the OP, if you weren't in a position to figure out that's what you needed to do when it failed, is that really going to be your easiest path forward, particularly if there are potentially other illumos vs sun kerberos quirks waiting for you down the road :)? I didn't say the only thing to do was install from pkgsrc, I'm saying the easiest thing for him to do would be install from pkgsrc...

Although somebody probably should at some point update the illumos krb5-config to match the MIT options. Is there an issue open for that yet ;)? Or should I add it to the good half-dozen that are biting at my heels like little puppies waiting to get some attention <sigh>. I still need to do that trivial smb server machine account creation delegation privilege removal one. The day job is switching to 4/10 for the summer starting next week, hopefully I can get in some extracurricular activities on Fridays.

OmniOS-discuss at lists.omniti.com