[OmniOS-discuss] ipkg & lipkg zones under io-lx (LX for OmniOS project)

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Tue Jun 14 21:58:33 UTC 2016

I discovered a regression which blocked zone halts.  I'm now, at least upon initial smoke tests, no longer regressing any ipkg/lipkg functionality.  I still have lots of testing, of course, but I'll ask again:

> Is anyone playing with io-lx yet?  Or are you all waiting for me to get to the part about instantiating an LX zone?  BTW, it will be different than SmartOS when it comes to configuration and installation.  If you have ideas about this (that don't involve porting all of SmartOS or at least vmadm(1M)), please let me know.

	Github:  https://github.com/danmcd/io-lx-public/

I'm planning on putting up a distinct IPS server for io-lx.  It will essentially be "bloody, but with io-lx, until such time as we need to tweak omnios-build too".  Would people be interested in that as well?

Thanks,