[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS r151020 is now out!

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sun Nov 6 14:02:06 UTC 2016

6 ноября 2016 г. 1:02:39 CET, Olaf Marzocchi <lists at marzocchi.net> пишет:
>On 04/11/2016 16:26, Dan McDonald wrote:
>> With SunSSH being end-of-lifed, upgrading to r151020 may be difficult
>for people still using SunSSH.  There's a new upgrading page one can
>get to off the Release Notes:
>>
>> 	https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/Upgrade_to_r151020
>
>Hi,
>I started updating my server, therefore OpenSSH first. After that one I
>
>restarted the server.
>I can login with my pass but two factor authentication doesn't work
>anymore, I'm never asked for it.
>
>What I did:
>I used the sshd_config.new as starting point with these changes:
>
>PasswordAuthentication no
>UsePAM yes
>#ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes (untouched, it's the default)
>
>I also tried
>
>AuthenticationMethods publickey keyboard-interactive
>
>but it didn't help.
>
>Then I went to pam.conf and did s/sshd-kbdint/sshd/ as written in the
>guide. This is what I have now at the very end of said file:
>
># SSH keyboard interactive, so that keys don't ask for verification
>code
>sshd   auth requisite          pam_authtok_get.so.1
>sshd   auth required           pam_dhkeys.so.1
>sshd   auth required           pam_google_authenticator.so    nullok
>sshd   auth required           pam_unix_cred.so.1
>sshd   auth required           pam_unix_auth.so.1
>
>When I login via SSH, I'm not asked for the verification code.
>I searched online for similar guides but it looks like I'm doing it
>right so I don't know how to proceed. Anyone able to help? thanks
>
>Cheers,
>Olaf

As a tangential help in troubleshooting: you can run the client with 'ssh -v' (or several -v's) to boost debugging, and the server too perhaps (might run a server on nonstandard port and in foreground, so as to not fiddle with standard SMF manifest, at least initially). This can help uncover what methods it tries and fails and why.

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android