[OmniOS-discuss] using proxmox, after upgrade KVM does not start

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Mon Nov 7 22:33:51 UTC 2016

Robert,

Today Robert.fantini wrote:

> Hello
>
> My issue may have nothing to do with the omnios upgrade. It could be due to a mistake I made somewhere else.
>
> After upgrading to :
> OmniOS 5.11 omnios-cac2b76 October 2016
> SunOS sys4 5.11 omnios-cac2b76 i86pc i386 i86pc
>
> our KVM's using iscsi will not start.
> kvm: -drive file=iscsi://10.2.2.41/iqn.2010-09.org.napp-it:1459891666/2,if=none,id=drive-virtio0,format=raw,cache=none,aio=native,detect-zeroes=on:
>
> iSCSI: Failed to connect to LUN : iscsi_service failed with : iscsi_service_reconnect_if_loggedin. Can not reconnect right now.
>

> Has anyone seen that?
>
> Or suggest iscsi debugging/testing commands to get more information?

we found that after the upgrade a few of our luns had disaperaed
... since onone else reported this on the list we thought that we
may have made a mistake ... but maybe there is something more

just recreate the missing luns ... (we had to pick new lun numbers
since omni complained that the old luns were already in use)

then rescan iscsi on the proxmox host and all should be well.

cheers
tobi

www.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch +41 62 775 9902