[OmniOS-discuss] using proxmox, after upgrade KVM does not start

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Mon Nov 7 22:52:45 UTC 2016

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 23:33:51 +0100 (CET)
Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch> wrote:

> we found that after the upgrade a few of our luns had disaperaed
> ... since onone else reported this on the list we thought that we
> may have made a mistake ... but maybe there is something more

Strange, had same experience but thought is was a human error. In my
case is was not the Lun gone missing but a few views which was lost.

> just recreate the missing luns ... (we had to pick new lun numbers
> since omni complained that the old luns were already in use)

Did not have to do this; only recreate the views.

> then rescan iscsi on the proxmox host and all should be well.

In proxmox case this is not needed since iscsi connections is made on
demand using libiscsi.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
  I distinctly remember forgetting that. -Clara Barton