[OmniOS-discuss] no saproc in java.library.path

Olaf Marzocchi lists at marzocchi.net
Sun Nov 13 16:49:25 UTC 2016

Hello,
I was trying to run hbase 1.2.4 (prerequisite for OpenTSDB) and I found
that, contrary to my previous experience with hbase on OS X, it does not
run out of the box (+ basic config). Instead, the java process only eats
all the CPU.

I tried to get a stack trace as suggested in the hbase mailing list (see
the discussion at the end of this email), but jstack does not seems to work.

This is the output (as also pasted in the link below):

$ /usr/java/bin/jstack -m 16177
Attaching to process ID 16177, please wait...
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
         at
         at
         at sun.tools.jstack.JStack.runJStackTool(JStack.java:136)
         at sun.tools.jstack.JStack.main(JStack.java:102)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no saproc in java.library.path
         at
sun.jvm.hotspot.debugger.proc.ProcDebuggerLocal.<clinit>(ProcDebuggerLocal.java:660)
         at
sun.jvm.hotspot.bugspot.BugSpotAgent.setupDebuggerSolaris(BugSpotAgent.java:634)
         at
sun.jvm.hotspot.bugspot.BugSpotAgent.setupDebugger(BugSpotAgent.java:513)
         at sun.jvm.hotspot.bugspot.BugSpotAgent.go(BugSpotAgent.java:492)
         at
sun.jvm.hotspot.bugspot.BugSpotAgent.attach(BugSpotAgent.java:331)
         at sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.Tool.start(Tool.java:163)
         at sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.JStack.main(JStack.java:86)
         ... 6 more

Both java and jdk packages are installed from main OmniOS repo and
compiled for r151020, the OS version I'm running right now.

I would appreciate help in the solution of this problem so that the guys
from the hbase mailing list can pinpoint the issue about hbase under OmniOS.
Of course, if anyone has experience with hbase on OmniOS and has seen
similar issues, or is successfully running previous versions, feel free
to let me know. I haven't checked any previous version, I only tested
the current stable.

Thanks
Olaf