[OmniOS-discuss] In release-151020 solaris10 brand is broken

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Nov 21 15:01:24 UTC 2016

> On Nov 21, 2016, at 12:23 AM, Илья Кулагин <kiv at kiv.pp.ru> wrote:
>
> Thank you very much Dan: with patched module, zone boots, our legacy
> system (based on ancient oracle10) starts, database mounts and works.
>
> I even did not need modunload -- because release module was not loaded :)
>
> By the way. New lx with centos6 - I think - will be a good replacement
> for old solaris10, for our purpose.

Thanks for the quick test.

The PROPER solution is to:

1.) Have Joyent make sure they/I didn't miss anything ELSE.  This code was broken by partially backing out a change made mid-stream during Joyent's LX work.  The two commits of relevance on the illumos-omnios tree are:

commit 5312cd77c26a98281973239359f5c5cd5dd132b5