[OmniOS-discuss] In release-151020 solaris10 brand is broken

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Mon Nov 21 07:54:40 UTC 2016

21 ноября 2016 г. 6:23:46 CET, "Илья Кулагин" <kiv at kiv.pp.ru> пишет:
>Thank you very much Dan: with patched module, zone boots, our legacy
>system (based on ancient oracle10) starts, database mounts and works.
>
>I even did not need modunload -- because release module was not loaded
>:)
>
>By the way. New lx with centos6 - I think - will be a good replacement
>for old solaris10, for our purpose.
>

>>> On Nov 20, 2016, at 11:09 PM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com>
>wrote:
>>>
>>> 1.) Backup /usr/kernel/brand/amd64/s10_brand -- that's the binary
>that is the problem.
>> Missed a step:
>>
>> 1a.) Verify the s10 brand isn't loaded:
>>
>> 	modinfo | grep s10_brand
>>
>>     that should have empty output.  If it's not empty, modunload it:
>>
>> 	modunload -i <ID-number-from-above>
>>
>> Dan

But also note that Oracle DB might just work in a native local zone. Maybe the installer might complain about unexpected commands and paths, but if the deployment is concentrated in e.g. /opt/orahome (and maybe 3 scripts under /usr) you can just copy over the deployment. Or place it into a dataset and remount it (or its clone) in the other zone environment. Similarly for data file location.

Hope it helps,
Jim Klimov
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android