[OmniOS-discuss] plex on lx zone (centos 6.8) stops working after 2/3 days

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 05:53:38 UTC 2016

hi,

this is the zone export info:

create -b
set zonepath=/tank/zones/plex
set brand=lx
set autoboot=true
set ip-type=exclusive
add net
set physical=vnic2
add property (name=gateway,value="192.168.0.254")
add property (name=ips,value="192.168.0.120")
add property (name=primary,value="true")
add property (name=resolver,value="192.168.0.1")
end
add attr
set name=kernel-version
set type=string
set value=2.6.32
end

So that is a fixed ip I tried using dhcp but it would not work.

I'll double check the dhcp server logs to ensure no double ip addresses
have been leased.

On Sun, Nov 27, 2016 at 10:04 PM, Michael Talbott <mtalbott at lji.org> wrote:

> First thought is dhcp lease time expires, maybe something gets a new IP
> and the plex service doesn't reregister? Are you using dhcp or a static IP?
> What's your zone config?
>
> Michael
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Nov 27, 2016, at 12:00 PM, Natxo Asenjo <natxo.asenjo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> hi,
>
> the subject says it. I installed a centos lx zone following the fine
> manual (https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/LXZones) and it works great,
> but plex disappears from the network every 2 to three days. Rebooting  the
> zone solves the problem until it happens again.
>
> How could I troubleshoot this issue? The zone os is available (I can login
> using  ssh, so networking works, only plex does not broadcast).
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Groeten,
> natxo