[OmniOS-discuss] New OmniOS bloody

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Nov 28 16:32:00 UTC 2016

I've updated the repo, and the release media for OmniOS bloody.  The highlights are:

* Updates from upstream and from LX-via-illumos-joyent.

* Python2.7 is now an optional package, and a required part of the illumos-tools consolidation.  This is in anticipation of a full on switch of OmniOS native Python from 2.6 to 2.7.  NOTE that /usr/bin/python still points to 2.6, and will continue to do so until such time as we remove Python2.6 support.

* BSD's "bmake" is available.  Some community members are working with bmake on illumos and/or OmniOS, and I'm honoring their request.

* VIM is up to patch level 95.