[OmniOS-discuss] Supermicro X10SLL-F

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Tue Oct 4 15:53:41 UTC 2016

On Tue, 4 Oct 2016 15:20:36 +0300
Timo Raatikainen <timo.raatikainen at sourapple.fi> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You can change the fan thresholds on a Supermicro board using ipmitool. I also use Noctua fans and have successfully lowered the thresholds.
>
> See https://calvin.me/quick-how-to-decrease-ipmi-fan-threshold/ for more specific instructions. Ipmitool should be available in OmniOS repo, but I havent checked lately. You can also use ipmitool from another computer via network.

I have tried the solution from the article even did sensor thresh FANA
lower 100 100 100 without success. The problem is that the arctic f12 fans RPM is (for 12V) between 450 (0% PWM) and 1350 (100% PWM) which apparently confuses Supermicro IPMI since it interprets this to a RPM span -∞ to ∞ resulting in fan read error

And ipmitool is available in Omnios -> system/management/ipmitool

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Parenthesise to avoid ambiguity.
            - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)