[OmniOS-discuss] Supermicro X10SLL-F

Timo Raatikainen timo.raatikainen at sourapple.fi
Tue Oct 4 12:20:36 UTC 2016

Hi,

You can change the fan thresholds on a Supermicro board using ipmitool. I also use Noctua fans and have successfully lowered the thresholds.

See https://calvin.me/quick-how-to-decrease-ipmi-fan-threshold/ for more specific instructions. Ipmitool should be available in OmniOS repo, but I havent checked lately. You can also use ipmitool from another computer via network.

--
Timo Raatikainen